Davao MNLF meeting with gov’t officials questioned?

MASIDING NOOR YAHYA
Davao City
October 5, 2013


The two-day consultation gathering of leaders and members of the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) last week in Davao City was not authorized by the Front founding chairman Nur Misuari.


MNLF spokesman Emmanuel Fontanilla told the local media that Jimmy Labawan, leader of the group that organized the meeting, was not authorized to speak in behalf of the MNLF even as he said that Labawan’s group is the making of the government.
Undermining the meeting to be going nowhere, Fontanilla said such move of the government is not productive and will not contribute to the solution of the problem.

He said the government should be talking to the MNLF mainstream

Media reports said the meeting was to be attended by government civil and military high officials in the locality including Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Teresita Deles and 10th Infantry Battalion commander, Major General Ariel Bernardo would be joining the gathering.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.